Wednesday, January 16, 2008

So I was sitting at Starbuck's, by myself, frustrated with Phil, distracted by the noise & conversations around me, wondering, "Why am I even here?", I forgot my pen & couldn't write in my journal or highlight in my book, I could only read & think...and I couldn' t stop thinking "This is a waste of time!", but I struggled through & read about JOY and about being SALT & LIGHT in a world that is hopelessly lost in darkness...

...finally I sat, in the silence of my thoughts, and I wondered "What do I do now?", so I decided to read a Psalm...

Psalm 4: "Answer me when I call you...Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me & hear my prayer...Know that the Lord has set apart the godly for Himself...In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts & be SILENT...trust in the Lord. You have filled my heart with greater JOY...I will lie down & sleep in PEACE, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

No comments: