Hello to all you young moms out there. If you're under 60 and have children, you qualify. You've had your share of dirty dishes, poppy diapers (that leaked!), sleepless nights, saggy boobs, stretch marks, bad days, and precious moments. These posts are dedicated to you.
Somehow when we are in the trenches, surviving motherhood minute by minute, we forget that other moms struggle with the same things we do. We tend to be overly hard on ourselves. We assume that no one else feels guilty, or loses their temper, is insecure, or doesn't know what the heck they're doing.
I realize that if you're a busy mom, you certainly don't have time to be reading a long post! So I will keep this short & sweet. One of my favorite artists since forever, is Steven Curtis Chapman. He has a new song out, called One Heartbeat At A Time:
You're up all night with a screaming baby
You run all day at the speed of life
And every day you feel a little bit less
Like the beautiful woman you are
So you fall in bed when you run out of hours
And you wonder if anything worth doing got done
Well maybe you just don't know or maybe you've forgotten
That you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
Making history with every touch and every smile
Oh you, you may not see it now
But I believe that time will tell
How you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
With every, "I know you can do it"
And every tear that you kiss away
So many little things that seem to go unnoticed
They're just like the drops of rain
Over time, they become a river
You're beautiful, so beautiful
How you're changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
1 comment:
Thanks Amy (for your recent unrelated comment). I know I can count on you! It's been fun re-connecting. In some ways you wouldn't even know that it's been ten years! Who else have you kept in touch with from the 7N? We should orchestrate a bloggy reunion.
Post a Comment