In exactly fourteen days, eight hours, six minutes, and fourteen seconds, I will be seated on a plane headed for Charleston, SC. That thought alone is what keeps me hanging on to my sanity for dear life. I have begun to look forward to all the things I won't have to do...
I won't have to get up at 6:30. Get the kids ready for school. I won't have to be stressed because I'm trying to stay on top of kids & get them out the door for school on time! I won't have to babysit. I won't have to wipe poopy bottoms. Mop up potty spills. I won't have to worry about any one's hair looking okay, except for my own. I won't have to do laundry. Clean the table. Load the dishwasher. Unload the dishwasher. Clean up a play dough mess. Mop the floor. Distribute snacks. Clean up spilled juice. Mop the floor again. Answer the phone. Pay bills. Wipe snotty noses. Think of something to make for supper. Make supper. Clean up after supper. I won't have to share my food. Share my drink. Share my seat. Share the bathroom. I won't have to help with homework. Settle disputes. Discipline. Remind someone to feed the bunny. Feed the bunny. Get 4 kids ready for church and still be spiritually prepared to worship. Pick up toys. Pick up shoes. Pick up dirty underwear. Give baths. Get kids ready for bed. And I won't have to be woken up in the middle of the night. Nor will I have to start it all over again the next day!
I will be able to relax. Be responsible for myself. Read without being interrupted. Finish a full sentence. Sleep in. Be lazy. Enjoy friends. Enjoy solitude. Enjoy quiet. Enjoy life...
It's true that I can't wait to escape from all the things I won't have to do. After a while, I will miss my husband and my kids...though I don't know that I will ever miss all the work that having a family entails. But I will come home...whether I feel ready or not...to do all the things I didn't have to do for four wonderful, luxurious days.
2 comments:
How fortunate of you. What will you be doing?
This is not your Brazil trip, is it? Where and why are you going, dear?
Post a Comment