
Grace is still running fever - day 5. Still no word from the doctor. Her strep & mono test came back negative, but I found out today that if we want, we can admit her to the hospital & they can administer a throat culture to see if she has strep. Apparently an in-office test doesn't always cut it; they want to jab something further down her throat. No offense to the doctor, but since she's eating & drinking fine, and her fever is managable with ibuprofen, I think we'll just stay put for now & spare her the pain & suffering. The proof she's still sick? She fell asleep mid-homework.
After loving on my kids too much, I came down with fever last night. So I'm getting the rest my body needs and giving myself permission to be lazy. I'm thankful for a responsible daughter, who is fully capable of making lunch. And I'm thankful for a wonderful friend who stopped by with supper.

The boys have been having all kids of fun today; I love it when they get along. They saddled up their saw horses, got decked in their finest cowboy get-up, and have been capturing wild horses & bandits all afternoon.
Phil took advantage of a few hours of sunshine (sort of) to check on his hives. That man is dedicated. I don't think I would be willing to wade through mud just to get stung. But that is the price of sweet golden nectar.
No comments:
Post a Comment