Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Wedding

This past Monday, my brother got married. The wedding was at a beautiful garden, the rain held off until the end of the ceremony, and I cried...a lot. What can I say? I'm a softy for weddings. All that love & commitment. It's a wonderful thing.
My girls looked beautiful. Whose idea was it to dress them in white? I'm not ready to picture them as brides walking down the aisle. And...cue the crying. Stupid emotions.
The ring bearers. Daniel carried the rings in a "special treasure box". You couldn't wipe the grin off his face if you tried. Noah & his cousins, along with 3 of Lydia's cousins were the "guarders of the rings". They took their job very seriously. And they made it up the aisle without a sword fight. May wonders never cease.
The bride & groom. When Lydia walked down the aisle, I broke tradition & watched my brother. I cried again when I saw the look of love on his face. I can't wait to see what great things God has planned for them.

1 comment:

Kristen M. said...

I've never seen ring guarders. What a great way to involve kids!