For the past several summers, Emily & I have held a garage sale. Our kids have enjoyed selling water & pop & seeing their profits increase. This year, they decided that they wanted to sell "pastries" (as advertised by Abbie) as well. They begged & pleaded to bake cookies yesterday afternoon while Emily & I were sorting clothes and setting up tables. I was feeling very overwhelmed with getting things finished for the garage sale & still recuperating from our trip, so I made a deal with them. If they cleaned the kitchen, I would help them make cookies. I never expected they would take me up on my offer! Those girls worked diligently until every surface was cleared and clean. They were pretty confident that they could handle the recipe on their own. Emily & I were close at hand, just in case they omitted anything important. It ended up being a math lesson, as we decided to double the recipe. Today they were excited to see the fruits of their labor, and have been nagging us incessantly to bake brownies for tomorrow's ventures!Friday, May 29, 2009
Ambitious entrepreneurs
For the past several summers, Emily & I have held a garage sale. Our kids have enjoyed selling water & pop & seeing their profits increase. This year, they decided that they wanted to sell "pastries" (as advertised by Abbie) as well. They begged & pleaded to bake cookies yesterday afternoon while Emily & I were sorting clothes and setting up tables. I was feeling very overwhelmed with getting things finished for the garage sale & still recuperating from our trip, so I made a deal with them. If they cleaned the kitchen, I would help them make cookies. I never expected they would take me up on my offer! Those girls worked diligently until every surface was cleared and clean. They were pretty confident that they could handle the recipe on their own. Emily & I were close at hand, just in case they omitted anything important. It ended up being a math lesson, as we decided to double the recipe. Today they were excited to see the fruits of their labor, and have been nagging us incessantly to bake brownies for tomorrow's ventures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment