I came across this verse today:
"Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights. No one said a word to him, because they saw how great his suffering was." - Job 2:13
Though I'm not sure I've ever met someone who suffered the tragedy that Job did, I do know many people that are experiencing hardship or suffering. I have to admit that I'm often too quick to offer practical suggestions or anecdotes. (Sorry, B) After reading this, I was convicted & reminded that...sometimes words fail. Sometimes I need to sit in the ashes for a week.
1 comment:
Aim, I love you so much. Yes, you're right, and this is a good reminder for me, too. But let me tell you something I didn't get to on the phone. You are one of the very very few people that God has used the most in the last 32 weeks to encourage & uplift me, cry with me & make me laugh, and be quiet while I doubted & questioned myself and God and life in general. I have grown to love & appreciate you more in the last several months than in all the years I've had the privilege of calling you "big cousin"! I'm so blessed to know you & have you in my life...even when you don't know when to shut up:) xo
Post a Comment