We had a great time in Colorado last week. One of the highlights was visiting Focus on the Family & going down this cool slide in Whit's End.
Noah dressed up as Whit.
The kids had a blast climbing...on anything & everything. Phil took the three oldest climbing @ REI, and we found this cool park nestled back in the neighborhood where my aunt & uncle live.
Daniel didn't want to leave CO. He loved waking up early and having Aunt Verna all to himself. They formed an instant bond when "that lady" (as he called her) built him a fire one morning.
We drove through Garden of the Gods. We didn't have a lot of time to sight-see between the rainy weather, a packed wedding schedule, and time spent with family, but we made the most of our time there.
We all were a little sad to leave Colorado. It's a beautiful place & the view of the mountains is breathtaking. The kids each wanted to know why we couldn't stay...and when we were coming back!
2 comments:
I am glad you came back, but I am sure a little part of you wishes you could stay a bit longer...it is breathtakingly beautiful.
Looks like you had a great time. We didn't have the kids with us, but we did go to Focus on the Family & I knew that the kids would have loved it. I have to admit, I think I may have lost them, though, if I was there with them by myself. The kid's place is simply HUGE! We saw many miles of the same thing to & from our destination, but would do it again to have another wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing about your trip. Fun times!
Post a Comment