I love my Bible study, despite the fact that I manage to cry over something each week. I can't help it. I have a leaky eye. It's hereditary...just ask my Dad. :) Every week I walk away feeling overwhelmed, "Wow...that's what I needed to hear..." It's not often what I want to hear, but what I need to be reminded of. And it's the first time I think I have felt physically refreshed by the truths of Scripture. It's better than caffeine. Don't get me wrong, I'm still loving my Diet Pepsi, just sometimes it's not enough.
We have looked at life's "seasons" - the growth in Spring, the busyness of Summer, the change in Autumn, and the loneliness of Winter. We have studied the life of Ruth, Solomon, David, and Joseph. I am reminded over & over that God is beside me, no matter the circumstances, the disappointments.
This week for our "homework", we were supposed to make a "timeline" of our lives, from childhood to present. We're to include big events - like marriage, babies, moves, etc. I wasn't looking forward to doing it. I thought it was going to be depressing. But I actually enjoyed it. It was good to look at my past - the difficult challenges, transitions, the people God has sent into my life to minister to me & encourage me @ just the right time, the things He has taught me "through the fire", and the ways my life has been blessed. I finished my timeline & read this:
Lord, I believe and accept that this season, every season past, and every season to come is Your season for my life. Lord, I believe and accept that this season, every season past, and every season to come has divine purpose and is appropriate for me. And Lord, although I cannot fully see the eternal value and purpose of each season of my life today, I believe and accept by faith that you will reveal this to me in the future.
I cried.
That darn leaky eye!
3 comments:
Aim, I needed that. Seriously. Thanks for getting this down, for the encouragement. I love you. And speaking of what I need... A visit from my cousin (and even her family!) is officially on that list! *squeeze*
Good stuff. We all go through seasons and I'm sure it was interesting to make that timeline. I'm in a season right now. Learning a lot about myself and how to overcome my struggles. We need to get together...SOON!!
thanks again aim- i recently completed a timeline too and what a revealing experience it was! I love that quote at the end. I need to be more accepting of the season God has me in now, and learn to trust...and wait...on Him. My selfish ambition gets me into trouble (and I'm talking about ministry)
Post a Comment