Our family embarked on a covert operation to retrieve discarded pumpkins. We collected 21 in all. The scouts would spot potential targets, we’d pull alongside in the van, Abbie would jump out the side door, and hand them through the window to Phil.
We may be weird, and a little crazy, but it was fun to go driving through neighborhoods looking for pumpkins that were being tossed after the Thanksgiving festivities. We love pumpkin seeds, but when you only get about 1 c. per pumpkin, it can get expensive quick. And I’m too cheap to pay $4 per pumpkin! Instead, we’re passing on the “dumpster diving” phenomenon to our children, and teaching them it’s okay to be a little weird sometimes.
3 comments:
I've got five sitting on my front porch. Come 'n get 'em.
Wow. You are one unusual family. If you want 2¢ worth of Ruthie-advice, I'd say... save a few of those seeds for next year and plant them in your big backyard. They grow like weeds. We have a great multitude of them upstairs in our attic space.
(Thus speaks the voice of jealousy - coming from someone who has never gotten the chance to successfully dumpster dive.)
All I can say is WOW, that's a lot of pumpkins!!
Post a Comment