Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's quiet around here...

...sort of. Yesterday, my brother, Aaron & girlfriend, Lydia arrived from Midland, TX about 4pm to pick up my parents & head north to Peoria, IL. Their ETA was around 5am, and then Aaron & Lydia would continue on to Chicago, since Aaron had work today. We had a fun time with my parents here; we realized later that aside from talking a walk around the neighborhood, we never really left the house! But I think they were okay with just enjoying a relaxing time together at home.

Phil & the girls left last night around 7pm for Chouteau. Phil plans to install a gas heater in his parents' home, as they have been without power twice during ice storms. So I'm at home with the boys, and it's quiet...except for the fighting, the cars crashing, the jet noises, the wrestling, you get the picture. :)

I moved the furniture around in our bedroom. It makes it look bigger. Dad & Phil installed 3 more windows & we just have the one in the girls' room left. I love the new windows & though it may sound silly to some, I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present! (In case you're wondering...it's true; house projects are our gifts to each other.)

This afternoon, I have a friend coming to do tie-dye with me. I need to enlist the boys' help to get the backyard picked up, among other things. And I want to get some Christmas decorations up. It's been a great week off from school, a nice change from the ordinary.

No comments: