Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter wimp

I tried to tell my kids it was too cold to go outside, but they wouldn't listen to me. Snow is rare enough in Oklahoma, that you have to take full advantage of anything you get. Never mind that it was beautiful yesterday and in the 60's! It was warm enough to wear a Tshirt. Today it's in the low 20's with wind chills in the teens; the wind is gusting and snow is blowing everywhere. My kids couldn't care less! I'm the one who's a winter wimp. Maybe if I had a chance to adjust to the temperature change...say a few degrees a day, but Oklahoma weather is never that consistent or predictable. I'm content to enjoy the beautiful snow from the comfort of my kitchen, with a cup of hot coffee in hand, while my kids brave the cold & savor these rare moments in the snow.




1 comment:

Lisa said...

I agree, I'm a wimp too! I told Travis last night that if I lived up north, I probably would never go outside all winter long. Addison wanted to play outside, so I made Travis go out with her! Thank goodness he didn't mind!