Monday, December 15, 2008

So...where's the snow?

You can tell my kids have grown up in Oklahoma. The only reason it should even be this cold, is if there is snow in the forecast, or at least an ice storm & a school cancellation. But no, it's just freezing cold. Literally. It was 11 degrees this morning. I thought about complaining until I saw how cold it will be in Montana where Phil's cousin lives. I've quit now. I actually don't mind the cold. It has a certain smell. Reminds me of Chicago & college days. My first "date" with Phil, we walked around downtown after Candlelight Carols; I was wearing a skirt, nylons & flats. I was too shy to tell him I couldn't feel my legs after 15 minutes. (Thankfully, I got bold after that!)

I'm feeling in the Christmas spirit this morning. (Really, I'm just in a good mood, but don't tell anyone.) It might be because I took a four hour nap yesterday. Or it could have to do with the fact that I'm listening to my first-ever downloaded CD (this could get addicting!). I love Third Day & I'm rocking out to their Christmas music this morning. It motivates me. Not that it motivates me to do something productive, but it's motivating none the less. We had our church Christmas program last night & it went really well. I have to say, I'm glad it's done. Not because I don't enjoy; I do. I get all choked up; it's ridiculous. But when you help with a project like that, it's wonderful to see it come to completion.

Well, I'm getting distracted by this music. I can't stop singing. And I don't do two things well at once. I'd dance too if my mother-in-law wasn't around. That would just be embarrassing.

No comments: