I love to drive my Mom crazy & blame her for all the things that are physically wrong with me - headaches, achy shoulders, the fact that I have a hard time finishing a...what was I talking about? I can attribute my bad knees and over-active, grease producing hair follicles to my Dad. :) But lately, I'm starting to think that I can also blame him for the fact that I am getting more emotional with each passing year.
You already know that I turn into a blubbering fool when it comes to weddings, but last night at the VBS program, I lost it as I listened to the kids sing, "Yeah, the word of the Lord is true, we can trust Him, we can trust Him..." I tried to hold them back, but they were there, and they were real...real tears, people. We bought the CD & were listening to it in the kitchen tonight while I was making supper. The kids were singing their hearts out & I thought, "Oh boy, here we go again..." I'm pretty sure it's because I was cutting onions. Yep. That's the reason.
When I was in high school, I remember watching a Hallmark movie with my Dad. Those movies can be gut wrenching, but he was just fine, until the commercial came on. You know the one? Where the kid is reading a card from his big brother, telling how he's sorry he can't be home, and then suddenly he walks in the door and surprises everyone for Christmas? That's all it took. Just a 90 second commerical to break the dam & release the water works.
These days Dad gets teared up when he listens to a song or hears someone speak or sees his children and grandchilren growing in Christ and carrying on a legacy. It's something I love about him. He's not afraid to be emotional or sensitive...or even cry. As his daughter, I'm required to harass him for crying over commercials. :) But as much as I fight it, it's something I'm proud to have inherited from my Dad.
2 comments:
I teared up at High School Musical 3 last night...I wish I could blame it on hormone shots, but alas...that is not the excuse-just a sap! I can so relate. When Evy spontanously prayers or says something about Jesus, I am a gonner.
Oh great. Is this what I'm in for 3 weeks from now? A weepy sister-in-law? :-) just kidding. You can cry on me all you want. Strange that you never do..... :-)
Post a Comment