On another note, we are without water today. Well, sort of. Phil turned it on so I could take a shower this morning & again to start the dishwasher & a load of laundry. Now he's tearing into the wall to fix it. A pipe below the bathtub has sprung a leak; he had to go behind the built-in drawers in the hallway to get to it...the advantages of being married to a self-employed handy-man.
I've started on our taxes. Last year I was nervous about doing it myself. I wasn't too confident about figuring out 3 different incomes & making sure I had everything in the right place, so I took it to a tax firm. They couldn't tell me the cost up front; it depended on how many forms there were. $592 dollars later...I learned my lesson to never do that again! I did all the work; they got all the glory...or money, anyway. So I'm sorting through the paperwork myself this year, and I feel very confident that it's totally worth $600 of my time and effort.
Grace had her class chapel this morning & it was very cute. They played "Faith or No Faith" (like "Deal or No Deal"). Each child was the "model"; 4 suitcases were empty & 5 each held a letter that spelled out "FAITH". The teacher told a Bible story & the contestant had to decided whether that person had faith or no faith. They ended w/ the song:
Without faith, it's impossible, it's impossible
it's impossible to please God
he who comes to God must believe that He is
and He rewards those who please Him
All things are possible, all things are possible
all things are possible, just believe
God will do anything that He said he will do
and He rewards those who please Him
It was fun to hear my shy girl belting out her beautiful voice; I couldn't have been a prouder momma.
No comments:
Post a Comment