Monday, January 19, 2009

"Just keepin' it real"

I enjoy reading The Pioneer Woman's blog now & then. Her photography is amazing, the recipes are easy & yummy, and her stories are hilarious. One of her favorite phrases is "Just keepin' it real" and it seemed appropriate for this Monday.

I want my house to be neat & clean 100% of the time, but reality is it's only clean 3% of the time. For this reason, I throw up my hands & say "what's the point?!?" until company is coming & I am required to clean. The other day, a customer stopped by unexpectedly & stayed to visit; it wasn't until after she left that I noticed my bra laying in plain view on the living room floor. Don't ask how it got there...I will not discuss such things on this blog. :)

After I took the kids to school this morning, I turned on cartoons for Daniel & went back to bed...until 10am. I am such a slacker.

I often wish my husband was not self-employed for the simple reason that I could sit & read a book all day without having him looking over my shoulder, asking, "Is that all you're going to do today?"

I threw myself a pity party on Friday afternoon & had a good, ugly cry. I tried talking it through with a close friend, but she could hardly understand me for all my snorting. Nothin' like a good friend to love you even when you're being ridiculous.

I do not not like to be micro-managed. Some times I want to say, "You're not the boss of me!", just as my youngest did to a "babysitter" the other day.

Losing weight is too much work. It's much easier to eat ice cream while I watch The Biggest Loser. A friend told me (I wasn't really looking...) about a place to exercise that is reasonable cost-wise, but if I pay to go, then I would actually have to go. Dilemma...

So there you have it. The real me. Scary, huh?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love this post! You make me laugh. A bra in the living room, hmmmm???? I watched The Biggest Loser tonight while I sat on the couch eating a big bowl of puppy chow. It was really good too!! And by the way, Travis really did think the whole "boss" comment was funny. Who knows, it might make a good sermon illustration some day!

Kristen M. said...

Well that confirms it. You're normal.