Last night I tried out a new recipe to take to Bible study this morning for Betty Crouch's birthday. The kids saw me making it, and as much as they begged for a bite, I would not relent. At supper tonight, I informed them there was dessert (not a normal @ our house). Abbie asked, "Is it that stuff you made for Betty Crocker?" After a good laugh, Phil commented, "Yeah...I suppose they're pretty close. Crouch...Crockett." No, wait. That was Davy Crockett. Not to be left out, Daniel had to add his two cents to the conversation, "It's Betty Crocodile!"
No matter who it was for, it turned out to be a yummy dessert & easy to make.
Mint Sundae Brownie Squares
1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (9x13" size)
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. peppermint extract
4 drops green food coloring
2 c. heavy whipping cream
chocolate ice cream topping
Prepare & bake brownies according to the package directions (make the fudgy recipe, not the cake; do not overbake). Meanwhile, whip the cream. In a separate bowl, add the milk, peppermint & food coloring; mix well. Fold in whipped cream. When brownies are cooled, spread mixture over the brownies & drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping. Freeze for several hours or overnight. Let stand 10 min. before cutting.
2 comments:
Okay, you were giving me a hard time about my mint brownies because the recipe had 3 steps (layers). These have 2 steps! They sound wonderful, I'll have to try it. Did you take a picture of them so I can see what they're "supposed" to look like?!
Ooh, yes. A picture! They sound great!
Post a Comment