A friend asked me to supply a list of 6 random things about me, and so I gladly oblige her.
#1 - Most moments I love being a mom. I don't like being a mom when I have to lay down the law & stick to my guns. Some of my cowboys can be downright unruly at times! I don't like fighting with my eldest, only to realize she's too much like me. And I don't like to see (or listen) to my kids throw fits. Those are the moments I want to look around & say, "Whose kids are THOSE, because they're certainly not MINE! Hey...I'm just keeping it real. But I do love being a mom in those snuggle-and-read-a-book moments, when I get down & tickle them, when an encouragement offered brings a light to their eyes, when I catch my children extending kindness, & when the lessons I have painstakingly taught are finally starting to stick!
#2 - I love having friends. I can't live without them. Whether it's my first-born mentality or my golden retriever personality, I'm not sure. Intimate friendships may be few, but I get along with just about anybody & my life is enriched by the variety of friendships God has brought into my life. Even better, he has blessed me with sisters. Okay, so they are sister-in-laws, but they might as well be biological, that's how I love them.
#3 - I love to laugh and I love to make people laugh. I should have killer abs for the amount of laughing I do. (But then Santa is plenty squishy for all the "Ho, ho, ho"s he belts out each Christmas! So much for that theory!) Laughter is probably the best part of our marriage - being about to laugh with Phil about life, at & with each other, and our kids.
#4 - I'd rather make it than buy it. That is, unless it's cheaper to buy it. It's probably why I have so many unfinished projects lying around. Whether it's restaurant food, a painting, craft, or flower arrangement...I'd rather figure out how to make it myself. Somehow that makes it seem worth the time & money spent. I will hang on to something someone took the time to make for me much longer than I will something that was store bought. (Now that doesn't mean I don't like store bought stuff!! I'm just trying to be honest here.) ;)
#5 - I'm a home body. I may be outgoing, but when it comes right down to it, I'd rather stay home any day than go out shopping...or whatever it is that people who leave the house do. And by the way, I really don't enjoy shopping. It's true; just ask my mom. When all the other kids were excited about back-to-school shopping & new clothes, I could care less. She had her work cut out for her, dragging a grumpy teenager around, trying to do something nice for her! Bless her heart, my saint of a mother. My husband, on the other hand, is perfectly content with my aversion to shopping. :)
#6 - Sometimes writing on this blog is too much pressure. There, I said it. I can't think of a #6, and anything I think of won't have the bang! or pizazz I'm looking for in a last point. Maybe my last point should really be..."I'm a perfectionist, and I put too much pressure on myself when writing this blog." If you all weren't such great writers, this wouldn't be such a problem. But all my friends and relations (whose blogs I read) are just too proficient & I can't quite measure up to their caliber. Or, better yet, by not giving you this last point, I will remain a bit mysterious. I've let you know 5 random things about me, but that way I'll keep you wanting for more. So for now, I've given you a little bit...of Amy.
2 comments:
I like the mysterious...you are a great writer!
I left you a very nice comment. Twice. Despicable open ID thing. Despicable. Now this is all you get. Sorry.
Post a Comment