I am so thankful to be married to a handy-man. It saves a lot of money on house projects. However, it also requires a lot of patience. House projects are always at the end of the list, and as "the list" has no end...you can see my problem. My bathroom has been "in process" since January. Despite having bare walls (to the studs, no drywall), I still had a usuable sink & toilet until 2 weeks ago. The sink & toilet were the end of the "demolition" phase before reconstruction could begin. And now I'm actually starting to see some progress. The materials have been purchased (even though we don't agree on the vanity), but it's another step toward completion. I'm doing my best to remain patient & compassionate toward my dear husband who has been remodeling 3 bathrooms in the past month, each with their own set of challenges. He's sick of doing bathrooms, but he is still plugging away at ours.
Today Phil installed 2 windows. I can't tell you how much that means to me. Nothing says "I love you" like that does. Truly. Last winter I lived in a cave with thick blankets on each window to keep the breeze out. It was miserable. I'm so glad I'll get to see the sun, or at least the daylight, this winter.
A note of clarification: Phil says you will all think we're destitute or something for all my complaining. But you all know well enough that's not true. We live in a wonderful home, and like most homes, it can stand for some improvements. If you're really feeling sorry for us though, just go right ahead and send us that check. We won't complain. :)
2 comments:
You know it seems like home improvement for Phil would be like me coming home to teach Evy or Michael to answer phones...just more work and no rest. I don't think you are any different than any other family- projects take time and money, which seem to be short all around, especially during this season! Enjoy your new windows.
I'm glad you won't have to have blankets over your winders this year. (haha - that was a typo, but it seemed to fit, so there ya go) If it wasn't so tacky, I'd put plastic over all of ours. Those attractively old things are sooo drafty.
Post a Comment