It's crazy to me how things intertwine & relate to one another. Either that, or maybe God's just trying to tell me something, but it takes Him saying it in a dozen different ways for me to get the message. For a few years, I have enjoyed being part of a women's Bible study on Thursday mornings at our church. It is a wonderful mix of women, including some close friends of mine, and I especially appreciate the wisdom & perspective offered by the older women that attend. It has never been a waste of time, and I have always walked away feeling encouraged & challenged. This year another study was offered on Wednesdays & I decided to attend it as it was a Beth Moore study. Since I had never done one of her studies, I kind of wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Now I know. :) Personal issues have pushed me to really seek the Scriptures; what does God say about his plan for me? And to top it off, I'm reading a book that is stretching my brain & forcing me to think about what I believe, my theological views, etc. So, even though I'm not getting any skinnier, I'm convinced my brain is shrinking from all the exercise!
In the midst of all this mind-activity, several things have intertwined. I am reminded over & over again that I need to love others as God loves them; something that is definitely easier said than done. I'm totally fine with loving my friends the way I should. No problem. But when God asks me to love someone that is difficult to get along with, I drag my heels and make excuses for why I don't need to. (And deep down I wish he would understand why it's just not possible & leave me alone already!)
So just when I had everything figured out, life comes up & slaps me in the face. It the midst of nagging my daughter this morning with, "How many times to I have to tell you before you learn...?", I was reminded of God's patience with me. I'm thankful that he doesn't leave me as I am (even though it's not fun!), but encourages me to keep learning, growing & maturing in him.
2 comments:
Funny how God works like this. I've kind of had the same thing for the past year. It seems like every thing I've been studying and reading about all comes back to being obedient. I guess that's what I needed to be hearing & learning to know that moving was what He wanted us to do! Thanks for sharing this!
I am too in your same boat:) Since going back to church and doing the Beth Moore study, I have been "forced" to deal with reoccuring themes- this spans from the lessons each week, to Pastor's sermons, your hubby's Bible Study lessons and even past Beth Moore commentaries on my Ipod and sermon's from other churches! It is amazing that these people are scattered all over the earth- hearing the SAME things from the LORD!! I think in all reality, my timing and heart needs are picking up on it! It has been an amazing gift from God!
Post a Comment