Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Mom's day off
Any mother will tell you that it's impossible to take a day off "work"...unless you leave town! Even Sunday, a day of "rest", can be a crazy day for mothers...at least it is for me. Well, today I took half a day off "work" & it was refreshing. I had (what my mom loves to call) a "pajama day". After I dropped the kids off at the school bus, I came home & slept for another hour (Daniel hung out with Phil until he left for work). The rest of the morning I crocheted, drank hot chocolate, and enjoyed the cool, rainy day, while Daniel & I watched way too much TV. By 2pm I decided that I should probably get something accomplished (plus I didn't want to show up to the bus stop in my pj's!) So I hopped in the shower & then Daniel & I went grocery shopping. After school I spent the next hour picking up (it's amazing how a little picking up can make it seem like you were productive all day!). I also was a good wife & made my husband's favorite dinner - salmon patties. I can hardly stand the smell of that stuff and picking out the bones grosses me out, but he & the kids love it, so what's a mom to do? Plug her nose & bear it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are a good wife - I wouldn't be able to bear the smell of salmon patties! Sounds like a great day to me! I love rainy days when I can stay in my pajamas.
Next time you have a pajama day, call me! We can drink mojitos and do french manicures. :-)
Post a Comment