Tuesday, October 14, 2008
What's your platform?
With the upcoming election, Grace's 2nd grade teacher decided the kids should hold an election of their own to better understand what it's all about. They talked about the candidates (Grace informed us she would vote for Obama because he has two girls & one is her size). Grace & Emily were chosen as the class candidates. With all the talk of change these days, our practical daughter ran on the platform of "I will keep things the way they are". She wrote that in her speech. Her opponent ran on having Show & Tell every Friday, as well as the class' favorite Math game twice a week. I'll let you guess who won. Just put yourself back in second grade...it's not too hard. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Part of me is glad that the kids are learning about the elections and the other part of me cringes. I can't wait for the elections to be over in a few weeks!
It is one thing I am happy to miss, being out of the US these last months... The commercials taken out to bash one another, the incessant media coverage, so utterly biased one way or the other, depending on who owns the station. (Did Grace take out air time? :) ) Oregon is a vote by mail state, so hopefully when I am home for a meeting next week, I can pick up my ballot, fill it out, and then cocoon till January. :P
Post a Comment