The other day I was watching Martha Stewart. That's about all I do...watch & chuckle at her obsessive-compulsive "ness" - things all in order, perfect projects, need for control...
Anyway, she had a guest on that had published a book on how to make no-sew or low-sew purses. She & Martha created a tote bag with material, iron-on vinyl, staples, & duct tape. I was fascinated. I even took notes. A week ago I had eyed some cool fabrics at Hobby Lobby that reminded me of scrapbooking papers, but I couldn't think of anything to make with them that would be quick & easy. I couldn't find the iron-on vinyl (to make it water proof & stiff), so I had to modify. I modified a lot. I decided against the staples & duct tape, for the traditional sewing method. And I loved how it turned out. In all it took me just a little over 30 minutes to make. So now I'm dreaming of what I can scrimp on so I can buy more material to make more cute bags!
2 comments:
I have an idea... you could just sell them to me and then use that money to make more... which you will probably sell to me again... and that cycle will likely repeat until I get time or thought to tackle it on my own! That is a Super Cute bag!!!
Wow, that turned out so cute! Can I pay you to make me one?! Only 30 minutes, you amaze me!
Post a Comment