Monday, September 29, 2008

Good friends and late nights

This past weekend I felt like I was reliving my college days: footloose and fancy-free. Well, as free as you can be going to a Bible school in the middle of Chicago. Friday I went to a friend's house to watch Made of Honor. We made brownies & popcorn, kicked back in our recliners, and enjoyed a genuine chick flick. After the movie, we talked. It's what women do best. You can't just always jump into serious conversation; sometimes you have to warm up to it, either over dinner, shopping, or a good movie. After a while I asked what time it was, thinking it was a little after midnight...it was 3am! It took another hour for us to wrap things up & then I was headed home. I had a hard time rolling out of bed the next morning, but the kids were thrilled to have their cartoon time extended. Sat. night I felt like I was sneaking out of the house again when I put kids to bed, kissed my sick & tired husband goodnight, and drove to meet 3 friends for a late night movie at the only theater in Enid. I had read Nights in Rodanthe over Labor Day weekend & was looking forward to seeing the film. The book is always better than the movie, but I was pleasantly suprised. I won't spoil it for you...go read it for yourself (before or after you see the movie).

This weekend we're going camping with Phil's brother & his family, as well as his sister & her husband. It will be another fun weekend filled with laughter, late nights, and talking around the camp fire. The only problem is...I'm getting too old for this! My college days are 10+ years behind me & I need my beauty sleep. And it's not for beauty anymore; it's simply a matter of sanity & survival!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I was definitely having a hard time at church Sunday morning. I couldn't stop yawning! I had a lot of fun though and it was good to see all of you!

Kristen M. said...

We just need to figure out how to have a 7N reunion.