Monday, April 21, 2008

Let me tell you 'bout the birds and the bees...

Our baby birds are hatching! The kids are getting to see it all first hand. Yep, it wasn't good enough to just look out the kitchen window, so Phil rigged up the camera, drilled a hole from the front closet to outside & set up a closed circuit, live feed TV right in our coat closet. We got to watch the 3rd egg hatch, the momma bird feed the other 2, and the daddy bird come & feed the momma. My friend said, "That boy has too much time on his hands!" It is true sometimes, and though I'm not often excited about the crazy ideas he comes up with, I am enjoying this one. So if you're looking for something educational to do, stop by the Voth house & we'll let you experience the wonders of nature first hand. Okay, that could be taken totally the WRONG way, but I think you know what I meant!

4 comments:

Kristen M. said...

"The wonders of nature"? Nice one. Sounds like you are much further into Spring than we are (we had snow two Sundays ago!). Are you playing along with the Bloggy Giveaways? Last time I won a few things so I'm trying again. I'm such a sucker for free stuff!

Lisa said...

Your husband never ceases to amaze me! The things he comes up with! I'm sure your kids think it's so cool. You could make a video and take it for science class show and tell.

The wonders of nature...ha ha, you crack me up!!

Kristen M. said...

You should put the video on YouTube!

Amy said...

Hi Amy-

I was playing around on my blog today and found Lisa. Now I found you too! Your birds sound great~what fun at your house.
Amy H.