
When my sister-in-law, Natalie, left for Italy, she bestowed upon me a gift. I inherited her front door flower arrangement. I immediately fell in love with it because it was yellow & fun...and a great reminder of Natalie. But this gift came with a warning. Apparently, it was notoriously a prime location for our fine feathered friends. When she or Andrew would discover a nest being build, they would dispose of it before the eggs were laid. Otherwise, they would have to avoid their front door for several weeks & the bird droppings were unpleasant, to say the least. I should have heeded her warning & kept the arrangement indoors. But it was just so cheerful & I decided it had to be on the front porch to welcome visitors & friends into our home. Now I have a psycho momma bird that terrorizes & dive bombs people that try to enter. The kids have had fun climbing Phil's ladder to check the egg count. We're up to four. And I have to admit it was slightly heart-warming to watch the daddy bird regurgitate his breakfast & mouth-feed the momma bird Sunday morning. All in all, it's basically the Animal Kingdom around here. We're experiencing the wonder of the birds & the bees first hand. Lucky us...
4 comments:
That's so sweet. We had a robbin's nest above our front porch light last year. It was fun when the baby birds hatched but not so fun dealing with the protective mama bird.
I would have thought you'd have had your fill of the bird and bees by now...
I have to say, I really don't think I'd be excited about watching a bird regurgitate its food. Yuck!! It looked great by your front door, but I was a little nervous knocking on your door tonight. I kept looking over my shoulder for that momma bird!
Amy, you have a good chance of winning the book because no one else has entered!
Post a Comment