Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The cutest thief EVER


Last night we had storms roll through. We've been living with the windows open, so when it started pouring in the middle of the night, both boys woke up & crawled in bed with us. We snuggled them for a while, but as we never sleep well with two active boys in our bed, we soon sent them back to theirs. About 5:30 this morning, Phil & I were both cold & reached to the foot of our bed in search of our quilt. Both half asleep, we couldn't figure out why it wasn't there. We checked the side of the bed, then the other side...nothing. Laying there cold wasn't an option, so soon we were up, tucking the kids in again & looking for our elusive blanket. Several months ago, Phil raised the boys' bunk bed by about 8 inches to allow for a third bed on the floor under the bottom bunk. Noah sleeps on the top bunk, and when I looked up there, I saw a mass of blankets & a bump near his pillow, & I assumed it was him. We never did find our quilt, so I got another one & we enjoyed our last hour of sleep. This morning I went to wake Noah up for school, only to discover our little thief, curled up on the bottom bed with our quilt! He must have been too tired to trek up to the top bunk & took our quilt with him, as a consolation, since he had been kicked out of our bed!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE the picture! He is a very cute thief!

Kristen M. said...

I second that.