Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Well, it's been a week. I've been through withdrawal & now I'm in recovery. Last Thursday I took Mom to the airport after having her here for almost 3 weeks. Someone asked me if I would be depressed to see her go..."No, we had a great time together; we always do." So they went the other direction, "Oh, so you're ready for her to leave so you have the house back to yourselves?" Again, it was a definite "No". Mom fits right in with our family & is never a burden or a bother to have around. She blesses us with her service and her wisdom & insight, and she is a great Grammie to the kids. Dad got to be here for a week in January. The girls loved getting to each go on a date with him & even got dressed up for the occasion. It's fun to hear the kids talk about their visits, "Remember when..." and I love that they are making memories with them & shaping the men & women they will become.




















2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the pictures! What a blessing it is that your children have such wonderful grandparents! It was fun getting to know your mom a little bit while she was here.

Kristen M. said...

That is a great picture of your mom. I think I've said this before but your kids are cute. I think they are a perfect mix of you and Phil.