When I think about Black Friday sales, people getting up at some ungodly hour, standing in line in freezing tempuratures, and fighting the crowds, just for a sale...I think to myself, "I will never, never do that!" It's just totally not worth it to me. I can do without the stuff. Now don't get me wrong. I love sales. I love getting a great deal. It's the crowds, waiting, and waking up I can't stand.
But yesterday I did just that...well, sort of. I didn't have to get up early. I just went after I dropped the kids off @ the bus. And I wasn't standing in freezing temps, though it was raining & I had forgotten my sweatshirt. Plus, I could have been warmer if I wasn't wearing my flip-flops! ;) I didn't have to stand. They were nice enough to set out chairs. There were no big crowds to fight, just half-awake mothers who were hoping to get the same great deals for their families. And since "friends don't let friends shop alone", Emily & her son, Jake, joined me in line. It made the time fly by, and the whole experience that much better. I got some great deals for 1/2 price, scored big points with my kids (thank you, $1.25 flip-flops), finished birthday lists, and felt satisfied that though my family isn't clothed in scarlet (Prov. 31:21), they're stylin' in Old Navy.
No comments:
Post a Comment