Wednesday, April 21, 2010

7 years ago today...

...our (not-so-little-anymore) boy was born. It's hard to believe he is seven & will soon be a 2nd grader! He was thrilled to get several Star Wars items - figurines & Legos. It is an obsession right now. He also loves his Rescue Hero (thanks, Grandma for a great Big Lots find!), camo shirt, ball cap, books, and tractors (just like Hudson's!). :)

One day when I was looking through my cooking magazines, he spotted a picture of this cake & requested it for his birthday. It was easy to decorate & would have been easier to put together if I hadn't tried making it two layers tall. The sides of the hat kept falling on, despite being secured with countless toothpicks! Oh, well. It was still yummy.

They may be rapscallions, but they sure make cute pirates...
(I think Noah thought I was taking pictures instead of video & held his "pirate pose" for the whole time!) :)

3 comments:

Kristen M. said...

Happy Birthday Noah...Love the cake!

Lisa said...

Great job on the cake!

Lisa said...

and happy birthday to Noah too!