Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lesson learned

Well, after a worried call from my mother this morning, I decided I had better not play any more April Fool's "jokes"...or should I say "lies"? I should just stick to the kind of "jokes" the kitchen staff used to pull on April 1st. As kids, we anticipated what kind of prank they would come up with. They thought of all sorts of fun things. One time we walked into breakfast, only it was a lunch menu. They served up our food "family style" - 8 servings to a table. One meal, as we anticipated biting into a juicy hamburger, one sorry soul found a slab of cardboard instead. Sometimes the tables were "set" with all cups or all plates, or the chairs had all disappeared. Now those cooks were serious ladies & very "down to business", but once a year, they let loose & made the first day of April a lot of fun. I found an idea in Taste of Home for a mixed up meal - a "cake" made of meatloaf & mashed potato "frosting", glasses of "juice" (jello), and a dessert that looks like a taco salad. I've learned my lesson. I'll stick to silly pranks & mix-ups instead!

No comments: