As much as I love getting away and going on vacation, it was nice to be at home this time. The kids had Thursday & Friday off from school. Our time was busy, but not hectic. We colored eggs, participated in soccer, watched movies, played with friends, and enjoyed being a family. The best part of my weekend was reading The Adventures of Jimmy Skunk to my boys. They are finally at the age where a story (without pictures) can capture their attention, and they are able to follow & understand the story line.
Saturday night before bed, the kids helped make these Resurrection Cookies. They each got to eat one Sunday morning. Daniel was wide-eyed listening to the story & the first one up Sunday morning, anxious to see what had happened to the cookies. It was a fun, hands-on way to talk through the story of Easter with them.
Sunday we invited friends over for lunch. They brought eggs for the kids to hunt, and despite the rain outside, we had a lot of laughs hiding over 100 eggs around the house & watching the kids find...and walk right past countless eggs.
All in all, it was a fun weekend, and a wonderful Easter.
2 comments:
Are you still finding eggs around the house?!
I wish I could have been there!!! I want to eat Chinese with you off of the Fine China!!!!:)
Post a Comment