Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"ARG!"

"Arg" = an expression of frustration; often used by pirates & mothers who are biting their tongues in order to refrain from using other (somewhat less acceptable) choice words!

I am generally a giving person, and willing to share, but there are just some things I would like to maintain complete possession of. Is that too much to ask?

After 11 years of marriage, I have resigned myself to not having a toothbrush to call my own. My husband had no qualms about sharing, despite my greatest efforts to hide my toothbrush. My daughter has become quite the kleptomaniac. My hairbrush, socks, & favorite pens have been stashed away in her drawers or found scattered throughout the clutter in her room. She even snatched my belt the other day...and didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that she was able to wrap it around herself twice! My mittens & scarves are taken, my CDs disappear, and even my pillow! I can't tell you how many nights I have to go searching or find something else to lay my head on. But by far, the most frustrating thing to have taken from me, are my keys. Such was the case today, as my second (back-up) set of keys is at work with my husband...20 miles out of town. My first set of keys has "mysteriously" vanished. And no one knows who took them or where they ended up. (Let me give you a clue...I wasn't the last to use them & I believe it was someone who has a tendency to TAKE MY THINGS!!!)

So...since 10am this morning, I have methodically been cleaning the house, searching in every nook & cranny, but to no avail. The more I look, the more I tense up, and the more I growl, "ARG!" So frustrating...

I'm going to build myself a secret hideout, a place I can safely stash my keys, socks, toothbrush, pens, hairbrush, CDs, and my pillow. Then...maybe I'll just crawl in there myself for a while & let them all search for ME.

4 comments:

Kristen M. said...

Your toothbrush? Seriously? Eww. I think you need a lockbox.

Natalie said...

not a bad idea really...a box for yourself...actually sounds kind of nice!!!!!!
So, did you find them? And what are the consequences coming to the little munchkin who had mommy spending all day looking for HER KEYS!! ARG!!!!

ten4ruthie said...

Hahaha! I was just frustratedly saying "arrrgh!!" to myself when I clicked to your page and saw your serendipitous title.

And is it a little munchkin who deserves consquences? Or a BIG toothbrush-violating munchkin?

(I know... the s-word isn't really the best fit here, but when does a person get a chance to use it correctly?) Love you...

Lisa said...

Okay, the toothbrush sharing TOTALLY grosses me out! Yuck!!!
Maybe your keys were hiding in the same place as that green straw! :)