Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rambling...

I had too much caffeine tonight. It's 11pm, but in "reality" it's 12am with the time change & I should really be in bed. Drinking a 32oz. @ 9pm wasn't the best idea. But I got clean kitchen counters out of it. (Or was that from the adrenaline produced as a result of frustration?) I always clean better when I'm mad. (Come on...admit it. You do too!)

Phil thinks he cracked a rib last night when he was wrestling with the kids. Is it possible for a 50 lb. girl to crack a rib? He says it hurts to breathe. At what point should I take him to the ER? When he's turning blue? Or when he quits breathing altogether? I'm beginning to get tired of hearing him moan every time he moves or tries to do anything. I asked him if I moaned every time I was in pain during labor. He said I did. And that was that.

I love the warmer days we've been having (it was 85 degrees on Thursday), but I hate sleeping with the windows open. They can be open in every other room of the house, but I'm totally paranoid about sleeping w/ our bedroom window open - the one right above my head. I'm pretty sure robbers will come to that exact window while I'm asleep. And if not robbers, then at least a peeping-tom will peek in & watch me sleep. I really freak myself out. Just ask my husband. No one ever said fear was a rational thing.

As my children get older, it is harder to get them to do what I want them to do. They're starting to have minds of their own. I know this is normal, but I liked it better when "because I said" actually worked. Now I have to pick my battles & get creative. (I say this tongue-in-cheek, for those that might take me too seriously.) We had pictures taken last night for our church's pictorial directory. And since we were getting a free 8x10 out of the deal, I wanted my family to look their best & be completely coordinated. I had outfits picked out for one hour of my children's lives & wouldn't you know, the girls fought me @ every turn. I won that battle, but the truth is...I'm not sure whether it was worth it.

Tomorrow is Sunday & some of my nervous energy could be attributed to the fact that I'll be teaching an adult Sunday school class, instead of corralling 4th-6th graders. My "kids" told me that @ least I wouldn't have to remind the adults to put their chairs down, sit still, and behave!

Monday I get to spend the day with a friend. She reminds me a lot of my sister-in-law...and that's the highest compliment I can give someone. (Said sister-in-law shall remain nameless lest she get too big a head, since she already knows she's beautiful! As so shall said friend, lest she fall prey to the same fate. haha.) It has been so much fun to "return the favor" after having wonderful friends to watch my kids when I was pregnant, and an amazing Mom who cared for me & my family after my kids were born. It's fun to be on the giving end. Plus I get to enjoy all the "perks" of a newborn, without all the work!

All right, enough rambling. The Benadryl is finally kicking in...and it's off to sleep.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You don't know how great it was to have you come spend the day with us. After a tough weekend, you cheered me up and made my day easier. Thanks so much for your friendship...you're the best!

Anonymous said...

I admit it; I clean better when I'm mad.