Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hookwinked by a five year old

After closely watching his oldest sister struggle with stomach pains for four days, Noah decided to try it on for size. He refused to eat breakfast & claimed he was feeling "really sick". He even pulled it off. I brought him to Phil for a second opinion & we both agreed he should stay home from school & rest. He laid in bed looking sufficiently miserable. About 20 minutes after I returned from taking the girls to school, he is running & feeling just fine. He explained to Phil that his tummy was only hurting because he hadn't eaten breakfast. When we told him we could drive him up to school, he calmly told us that we couldn't do that because the tardy bell had already rung.

He might as well be doing this to us:


I plan to make his day sufficiently miserable with lots of boring chores along with an afternoon nap...without books! That boy better think again before trying to hookwink his very wise parents. Because, chances are, he'll probably be able to pull it off...which means, we're in trouble!

No comments: