Saturday, February 7, 2009

Livin' Life

Well, I guess I've been too busy living life these days to do much blogging. It's been a busy week filled with the "everyday" and the "in between".

Last night I hosted my first & only Pampered Chef party. Should I admit the only reason I wanted to host one was for this? When I told people I wanted a mandoline, many wondered if I had developed a desire to play a miniature guitar. But no, my love affair is with slicing vegetables! My old (Dollar Store) mandoline assisted me with countless casseroles, but also left its mark on my fingers. That was not the kind of "secret ingredient" I was looking for.

By far, the best part of the night was the "after-party". Five friends - some old, some new, some older than others :) - stayed afterwards to watch a movie, play games, and laugh until it hurt. It was a great way to work off the calories we accumulated eating all that yummy food.

And for those who are wondering where my family was during all of this...
Some men send their wives away on weekend vacations; my husband takes the kids & leaves me @ home alone for the weekend. Being that I'm a typical home-body, this is the perfect "vacation" for me. I lounge around in my pjs, curl up with a good book or movie, some hot chocolate & bask in the peace & quiet. I don't sleep so well at night without them here, so it's always wonderful to welcome them home again...noise & all.

The biggest "hit" at my party was these easy appetizers, something that actually originated as an "accident"; I was trying to "dress up" leftovers. So this doesn't have a name (maybe you can help me think of one).

2 cans of buttermilk biscuits (the small ones)
1 lb. ground beef, browned
1/2 - 1 c. BBQ sauce (enough to moisten meat, but not too much liquid)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Mix meat & BBQ sauce (I've made these w/ leftover taco meat). Grease muffin pan; place a biscuit in the bottom of each one. Top with about 1 Tbsp. of meat & top w/ cheese. Bake @ 400 degrees for 10 min. or until biscuits are done. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks good too. And I just happen to have some canned biscuits on hand. Maybe I'll do these for the kids and me while Roger is gone tomorrow night. Thanks!