Thursday, February 12, 2009

A God who hears

Psalm 10:17 "You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted, you encourage them, and you listen to their cry."

Isaiah 48:17 This is what the Lord says - your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

2 Corinthians 4:7-9, 16-18 "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on ever side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed...Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light & momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen..."



This morning my cousin, Bethany, and her husband will find out if the baby she is carrying has Down's syndrome. Please lift them up in prayer...

2 comments:

sweethart72200 said...

I always look forward to your blog, Aims. But this one, is one I really needed. It was very encouraging at a time when I really needed it. Thanks :)

Stacy said...

Hi Amy,

I am glad I came across your blog!
It is good to find other believers and I praise God that He allows us to use the internet to connect.

How did the testing go for your sister's baby? I will continue to pray for them no matter what, I was just curious and wondering if our prayers should be a bit different now that they know an answer.

Stacy

Psalms 139:16

"...your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be..."