Friday, August 8, 2008

Last night I went out with 2 girlfriends to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. We didn't do dinner or hang out later as there were kids & obligations, but it was a fun 3 hours spent together. I enjoyed the movie a lot & it was time well spent. Phil had our 4 kids & my friend's 2 here at home. They had a water balloon fight, played video games & Yahtzee, made beeswax candles, & told stories. Phil kept the kids plenty busy & they all had a blast. But as a result, this is what confronts me this morning:
So, I'm sitting here, eating my yogurt with wheat germ & taking deep breaths. I took plenty of them last night before bed. Then I'll pull myself together, clean up the wet clothes in the bathroom, pick up the toys & balloons from the backyard, find my kitchen counter, accomplish something today, and move on. There's no sense hangin' onto it. Fun comes at a price. Although I have to admit that right now...I'm a fun-hater. But I'll get over it. In about an hour or so.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You make me laugh. I can so relate! Many times I have felt like a fun-hater!