Friday, August 22, 2008

I've spent my week with apples...

...hundreds & hundreds of apples...three hundred and fifty pounds of apples. I've made applesauce; we've eaten about a quart each day, and still there are 30+ quarts in my freezer. I've dehydrated apple slices (so yummy with cinnamon-sugar sprinkled on top!). I've made apple pie, apple turnovers, cooked apples, and apple cider (okay...Phil made that). I'm seeing apples in my sleep. I finally called it quits, collected a 5 gal. bucket of the best ones & insisted Phil take the remaining apples to the dump. Thankfully, he agreed he had his fill of apples too...for the time being. Despite all the work, I know that it will be wonderful to enjoy them all year long...and believe me, we will be enjoying them all year long!

Anyway...I'm glad it's Friday & that I can clean up the sticky mess on my kitchen counters & off my kitchen floor. I just don't know what I'll do with all my free time next week with no apples to keep me company!

No comments: