Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another week has gone by...

In some ways this week went by quickly with the flurry of starting the school year, getting caught up around the house, anticipating time with friends...but there were moments to be savored listening to kids' stories & school adventures...times to reflect & relax. Wed. I got to spend time with my friend, Lisa, & her daughter, Addison. We went shopping together, ran errands, and enjoyed lunch at Pizza Hut. Thurs. we spent the evening with friends of ours that work in China. It was neat to hear about what they have been doing & the changes that await them when they go back - a life so different from ours, and yet we relate to the challenges in parenting, marriage & communication, and living a fruitful life. Friday afternoon the kids had their all-school swim party at Splash Zone. I even went down the slide w/ Sam - Noah's buddy, whose Mom (a teacher) was busy supervising kids. I decided I'll just stick with the Lazy River. It's been a fun week of adjusting to a new schedule. I'm not in a hurry to add more to my plate; I've finally just taken a few things off & it feels wonderful.

No comments: