Saturday, August 23, 2008

Call me crazy...

...or pathetic, at least. :) We drove to Goltry, OK today to pick more apples. Yes, you heard me right. And the crazy part about it is - it was my idea. We brought home about 150 lbs. or so. Don't go getting all impressed with me. I never did process all 350 lbs. we collected last Sat. I know...you're sitting there wondering WHAT in the world possessed me to go get more! Trust me, I'm not masochistic. I just know we will be gone next weekend & with the hot weather, I worried that they might not be that great 2-3 weeks from now. (Plus I knew if I went on a Saturday, I would have Phil's help...and his ladders.)
My Dad always told me "It's not what you know, it's who you know." and it's proven useful. I met this Mom through attending MOPS 3 years ago. We picked apples a few years ago, but since then I had lost her phone number. Thankfully I ran into her sister at Wal-Mart (the "melting pot" of America!). I was excited about the prospect of going out there. They spray their trees & the apples were beautiful - no bad spots or worms, nice & big, and delicious. So I'm back at it again. Only problem is...I'm running out of freezer space. I guess I'll have to take up canning!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm gonna call you crazy!! So, do you have them all done yet?!