
This is the first time in over 7 years that I have been a stay-at-home mom to one child. I am loving it. And the best part is I get to spend my days with Daniel. He stays pretty close by & doesn't like to be alone for too long, but I don't mind. He chatters non-stop & is always thinking of...something. When we baked cookies, he wanted to know why I had to scoop them out with my scooper, and why daddy couldn't build a machine like the applesauce maker that would just "crank" out flat cookies. He was pretty amazed to see that balls of cookie dough could come out of the oven flat as pancakes. This morning he had me laughing out loud when he decided, "I am not going to do any jobs for you today!" "Ha! Have I got news for you!" was my compelling reply, then trying to change the subject, "Do you hear the rain outside?" Daniel asked, "Is THAT the news?" At lunch I told him that we were having company for supper & that a boy his age would be here. "What's his name?" "Daniel." He gave me a blank look. I explained, "He has the same name as you." A giggle. "Huh. I thought it was ME! I thought I was coming over!"
No comments:
Post a Comment