Friday, May 30, 2008

SpongeBob

I'm not a big SpongeBob fan. I'll just leave it at that. But I am a big softie & I have a special place in my heart for kids. So I'm willing to put aside my personal feelings to make them happy. And this is why I was up until after midnight last night decorating this cake. I like that you can't look at it up close & personal & see all my mistakes. It looks fine from far away. But the best part of the cake isn't the decorating or the frosting, it's the cake itself. Several years ago, I came across this recipe for moist chocolate cake & now it's the only one I use. You can make many "flavors", just choose a pudding flavor that compliments the cake.
Moist Cake:
1 cake mix
1 pkg. instant pudding
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. water
Mix ingredients together until well blended. (I often use a hand-mixer for this.) Batter will be thick. Pour into a greased 9x13" pan & bake @ 350 degrees for about 30 min. or until a toothpick insterted in the center comes out clean. Cool & serve. My kids love a "lighter" frosting & one of our favorites is a mixture of instant pudding mixed w/ CoolWhip. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks so good! You are getting to be quite the cake decorator. I saw it up close and personal and it looked great!! I might have to hire you for Addison's next cake. Thanks for keeping her this evening...we really appreciate your willingness to watch her!

Kristen M. said...

Another great looking cake. Yum. I'm not a big Sponge Bob fan and thankfully my kids don't like him either. But my dad likes SB so last year my mom bought him a SB cake. The party was at my house so my mom gave us the leftover SB plates and napkins but the kids refused to use them!