Tuesday, May 27, 2008
So...what day is it again?
I think I'm starting to lose my mind. I really should not be having this much trouble remembering things at 33...no, wait...I'm still 32. See? What'd I tell ya? I'm starting to lose my mind. I can't keep track of what day it is, if I don't write things down they are instantly forgotten, and I can't tell you how many times I walk to a certain location only to wonder, "Now WHY did I come here?" I don't think I should be this absent minded in my thirties. And the "older" women in my life, who are supposed to be encouraging & offer wise counsel, have informed me it will only get worse! I once heard that being pregnant kills brain cells & I'm inclined to believe that. But it probably has more to do with lack of exercise. I've tried Sudoku to get my mind in shape, but all that has accomplished is aiding in procrastination...plus it's highly addictive! I've tried reading deep theological books that force me to think critically, but the four precious children that sucked those brain cells out of me in the first place, now constantly interrupt & make concentration impossible! So after reading & re-reading a paragraph, I decide I don't need to exercise my brain after all. I can't carry on a conversation, but the women I converse with can't either. You know it's bad when half way through a sentence you're asking, "Now, where was I? What was I talking about?" and the person listening to you can't help you out. You just end up laughing, "Oh, well...must not have been that important." But the reality of it is, you'll never know. Because you'll never be able to remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe you are pregnant again? No seriously, I am the most forgetful person I know. It drives me crazy.
Post a Comment