Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Feeling the effects

This week I made a radical decision. I decided I was becoming all too dependant on Diet Pepsi to sustain me throughout the day. The caffine addiction in addition to the preservatives...not to mention the cancer causing aspertame, finally conviced me to quit cold turkey. In hind sight, that was not the best idea. I have been dragging & moving slower than a turtle for the past 3 days. I used to purchase my pop in cans & I would allow myself one can a day as a "treat". Hey, when you face a choice between chocolate & Diet Pepsi, you must choose the lesser of two evils. Problem with buying it in cans was that the frugal side of me couldn't bring myself to pay more per ounce than I would if I purchased a 2 Liter bottle. So it goes with addicitons, if a little is good, surely I can justify having just a little bit more. It pains me to admit it, but soon I was downing 1/2 a bottle a day...working my way toward a whole bottle. Before I knew it I couldn't get through breakfast without some. All day I was thinking, "I want it...I need it." It was getting out of control.

So I've quit, for the time being. Once I've been weaned off, I can go back to a little now & then. But for now, I'm really enjoying my chocolate.

No comments: