I'm an early riser, but not by choice. My kids get excited when I make oatmeal for them. The only day I make breakfast is on Saturdays, and then it's usually a brunch after 10am. Most mornings it's just cold cereal, but no one seems to mind. So when I'm in the mood for a big breakfast, I make it for supper. Tonight we had bacon, fried potatoes & onions, and blueberry pancakes. The only redeeming factors in the meal were the blueberries & wheat flour in the pancakes. Everything else was good and greasy.
Now to get kids bathed, homework done & off to bed.
1 comment:
I love to eat breakfast for dinner. The kids love it too but Adam isn't as impressed. So when I know he won't be home for dinner I happily defer to eggs with homemade hashbrowns or waffles (pancakes are saved for our traditional "Pancake Saturdays.") I'm also a huge fan of fried egg sandwiches for lunch. One thing that Adam does like for dinner are egg/cheese/bacon biscuit sandwiches. I love how easy and economical these dinners are. (And what's bad about protein and a "few" carbs?)
Post a Comment