I love my morning drive to work.
My little guy falls back asleep about 30 seconds after he's strapped in his car seat & it's wonderfully peaceful in the car. Some mornings I relish in the silence. Other mornings I crank the radio. I have to admit, it's a little ridiculous how many times I've been brought to tears listening to Chris Tomlin or "Light up the Sky" by The Afters, as I watch the sun rise.
It's not church, or devotions, or Bible study, but it's sacred. Just me & God on my way to work. Oh, and my little guy...forgot he was sleeping back there!
This morning I heard this song from Francesca Battistelli & it made me smile. I could so relate to what she was singing. And the catchy little tune had me hooked. I decided the $0.99 download was totally worth it...
This is the Stuff
- by Francesca Battistelli
I lost my keys
In the great unknown
And call me please
'Cause I can't find my phone
This is the stuff
That drives me crazy
This is the stuff
That's getting to me lately
In the middle of my littleness
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff
That gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust
You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would chose
But this is the stuff You use
45 in a 35
Sirens and fines
While I'm running behind
This is the stuff...
So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's NOT the end of the world!
This is the stuff...
1 comment:
I LOVE IT. Downloaded the whole album off rhapsody. It is so good!
Post a Comment