Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Aaaaaahhhh....

Why does a little picking up make a world of difference? I can see the floor in the boys' & girls' rooms, and in the living room. It is a wonderful thing. The kitchen & bathroom floors are another matter, but I won't focus on that right now. I'm basking in my accomplishments, small as they may be.

The past several weeks have been busy. Well...that's an understatement, but I'm trying to be positive here. There have been wonderful moments...and some tears too. In many ways I love where I'm at...working...teaching. I have fallen in love with these kids, with their unique needs, and funny quirks. I love teaching them & seeing the excitement when they learn something new. It is very fulfilling. Today I told a little boy, "You are so creative." His quick response was, "Like God?" ;)

In other ways, this journey has not been what I expected. There have been "promises" broken and expectations unmet, but it has been a learning process despite the disappointments. I was not prepared for the toll it would take on our family. I knew it would be an adjustment, but nothing prepared me for this. Some nights I feel like...I'm not just out of gas; I'm pushing a semi-truck up a hill...a very big hill. And I wonder where I will find the strength for tomorrow.

Tomorrow always comes, and thank goodness it is a new day! I have been blessed with a new friend - a fellow teacher who has taken me "under her wing", answered countless questions, and provided needed encouragement and wisdom. And I'm thankful for "old" ones too, though they aren't old by any means. :) We went camping with friends this past weekend, and despite being a lot of work & having little sleep, my soul was filled to the brim...and overflowing.

In just another day, I will turn the calendar over & see a beginning and an end...an end to this journey of teaching nine Kindergarteners. I know it will go by fast, despite the crazy days, and I want to make the most of it...not just at work, but at home too. I also know it will be hard to say "good bye". Maybe not at first, but I'll miss it...eventually. :) And I'm praying about the "What next?" and trusting God to show me.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Ames, I'll say it again..."You are amazing" to take on these challenges AND work through the issues looking to God for guidance and wisdom. He has put you back in His classroom of learning what it means to walk and depend on him each and every day and from all I can gather you are passing His course just fine. I love you and miss our little chats. Praying you will have a restful weekend. Dad