Noah is the smallest boy in his class. The biggest boys tower a head above him. But he doesn't seem to mind much, especially since he can out run them. He's pretty proud of that fact. We had friends over for supper a few weeks ago & their 5th grade son had fun running away from the "little boys" - Daniel, Noah & Sam (another friend). Thomas came inside, out of breath, and exclaimed, "Man, Noah's fast! It's hard to get away from him!"
We signed Noah up for soccer this Fall & he loves it. He scored a goal in his first game last Saturday, and again at practice last night. He oh-so-nonchalantly explained to me, "Yeah, it's not really that hard to score goals; you just have to be a good kicker." You think he'd be tired after an hour long practice or game, but he comes home for round #2 - a soccer game against his brother in the backyard. It usually ends in tears...Daniel's...because Noah keeps stealing the ball away from him! Daniel prefers football rules: find your opponent & tackle him. That's something he can beat his skinny older brother at!
This week Noah learned how to tie his shoes. I have to say that as much as I love their independance, how it frees me up a bit, I miss being needed. I guess that's the way it goes. You long for the day when they don't demand your attention every second, but cry the minute that day arrives. Still, it's melts my heart to see that big ol' smile on his face once he's got his shoes on.
We signed Noah up for soccer this Fall & he loves it. He scored a goal in his first game last Saturday, and again at practice last night. He oh-so-nonchalantly explained to me, "Yeah, it's not really that hard to score goals; you just have to be a good kicker." You think he'd be tired after an hour long practice or game, but he comes home for round #2 - a soccer game against his brother in the backyard. It usually ends in tears...Daniel's...because Noah keeps stealing the ball away from him! Daniel prefers football rules: find your opponent & tackle him. That's something he can beat his skinny older brother at!
This week Noah learned how to tie his shoes. I have to say that as much as I love their independance, how it frees me up a bit, I miss being needed. I guess that's the way it goes. You long for the day when they don't demand your attention every second, but cry the minute that day arrives. Still, it's melts my heart to see that big ol' smile on his face once he's got his shoes on.
No comments:
Post a Comment