It's the beginning of another week. I don't understand why Mondays can be so challenging. Maybe it's all about expectations. Or maybe it's because I'm trying to catch up from a weekend filled with activities and responsibilities. I'm always trying to find my footing on Monday, to get started on a new week. And usually my Monday dictates how the rest of the week will turn out. If I'm organized and on top of things, the rest of the week seems to go so much smoother. But if I'm running scatter-brained and senseless, so it goes.
This morning I couldn't find my planner. I am a list maker. You know the Toad & Frog story? Toad makes a list, then loses it, but can't look for it because that wasn't one of the things on his list, so he & Frog sit & do nothing all day until it is time to go to bed, when Toad remembers that was on his list, so he writes it in the dirt, crosses it off & goes to sleep. I can relate. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to lists...okay, so I'm a little anal...okay, a lot. But anyway, I like them, and I feel lost without them. I just remembered something I'm supposed to write on my list - meat thermometer.
Alright, I'm getting side-tracked. See what happens? ;) And now I have boys fighting & homework to supervise & supper to make...so my thoughts will have to wait for another day. I'll be sure to pencil it in my planner.
1 comment:
Good to hear that someone else is like me! I love lists! Sometimes I even write things on my list that I've already done, just so I can cross it off! Gives me such satisfaction.
Post a Comment